- Bespoke Design Appointments
Bespoke Design Appointments
Engagement, weddings, birthdays and anniversaries... in fact any occasion is a reason to express your love, joy and appreciation!
Do you have fragments of ideas floating around your head? We will listen to you and together build a detailed picture which will become transformed into your own personal design, created using the finest gems, precious metals and expert craftsmanship. Whether this is in our boutique or online, together we can discuss your ideas and preferences and costings - we always have time for you.
This time is an opportunity for you to meet Charlotte, view her designs, wedding and engagement ring samples and browse through the portfolio over a coffee or glass of wine in the evenings. Charlotte will find out about you, listen to your ideas, answer any questions, and make sketches and suggestions as required, including costings.
"Dear Charlotte, I am just writing to say a big thank you for the fabulous wedding ring you designed for me. it has already attracted lots of lovely comments and i'm sure will give me joy for many years to come. I really enjoyed the experience of sharing my initial thoughts about the design of the ring and the way you turned those thoughts into beautiful reality. It is something I will warmly recommend to others." B Steele, Southsea
1. The journey begins with a consultation with our Creative Director, Charlotte, where you can discuss inspiration, ideas, timescales, designs, practical considerations and proposed budget. Charlotte will show you our design portfolio for inspiration, as well as many samples that you may try on.
2. As the design develops, the technical details, materials, labour required, and sizes are calculated, so that the work can be accurately priced. As soon as Charlotte has prepared the design sketches and sourced the materials such as a variety of gorgeous gemstones to show you, we meet again, working together to select your ideal gems, the settings and the finishes to refine your final design. This is the point where a deposit is requested to proceed with the commission.
3. Then to the bench! Working closely with our jeweller at every stage to ensure your design is meticulously crafted to your specification. Sometimes we will make a silver pattern for you to try on, and sometimes CAD (Computer Aided Design) is the best way to create an intricate master pattern which in turn becomes a one off casting. We will liaise with you along the way if further fittings or decisions are required before completion.
4. Finally, your commission is revealed! Your beautiful bespoke item of jewellery tells your own personal story and will be treasured for generations to come. We offer you a presentation drawing of the design and an insurance valuation certificate with a macro digital photograph of your jewellery included to complete your experience. We offer a free 'service' of your item of jewellery, including cleaning, on the first anniversary of your commission!
"Charlotte made our wedding rings for us 9 years ago. It was the only 'bespoke' thing we had at our wedding but we are as pleased now as the day we collected them and had such tremendous customer service. Thank you." L McNally-Grey - Wedding Rings
Imagine having you unworn, damaged or out-dated family heirlooms transformed into fabulous and meaningful jewellery to be enjoyed and cherished every day, encapsulating your memories and emotions forever!
We love nothing more than to Transform unworn, damaged and out- dated family heirlooms into fabulous and meaningful jewellery to be enjoyed and cherished every day, encapsulating your memories and emotions forever!